Thursday, November 3, 2011

Journalfest part 2

Alrighty, here is some more about Journalfest. Day 2 of Journalfest I took a class from Orly Avineri called Text and Texture. We got to play with lots of different media; paper, ink, paint, modeling paste, and pens. Here are the two spreads I did.
This one has to do with using other languages to convey meaning. On the left is several words in hebrew, and on the right is a mayan glyph. You can't see all the layers in the photos but there is a lot of texture in this spread.

In this spread we looked for symbols in our handprint that could make up letters in our own personal alphabet. On the right we were just to make up an alphabet. It was fun to just quickly let whatever come out onto the paper. I think it does look like an actual language.

Here are some of the great people I met. We had lots of fun at meals and in the evenings journaling together.
Valerie, Colleen, Corry, me, and Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment